This wonderful building timbered buildings has been dated back to 1590 however there are no records of who built of owned the house until 1634 with the arrival of William Turton from Dudley, a local Mill owner.
Various generations of the Turton family lived here up until 1768 with many of them passing away in the back parlour during the 1600’s.
A document has been unearthed and transcribed that details a thorny legal squabble between William Turtons heirs and some dastardly dealings by John Turton, one of Williams’s sons, which ripped the family apart causing great despair.
In 1768 the ownership of the property passed to a William Whyley and remained in the Whyley family until 1837, following a succession of owners Reuben Farley purchased the property.
Alderman Reuben Farley was one of the borough’s greatest citizens and became Mayor of West Bromwich. He purchased the Oak House in 1891 with the intention of making it his private residence, however his third wife Harriett refused to live there…….for whatever reason.
Reuben was resolved to present it to the town as a museum, which was for ally open in 1898.
With over 400 years of history and generation upon generation living here there is no wonder that this building holds on to so much paranormal activity.
From strong apparitions seen in daylight through to disembodied voices being heard, objects moved, visitors being touched, strong emotional experiences , the presence of children and a strong presence of a past master of the house watching you.
This is a high quality paranormal venue
Group members will have the opportunity to use a comprehensive range of paranormal investigative equipment such as dousing rods, EMF meters, ‘Ghost Boxes’ (record voice phenomena) as well as participate in séances, glass divination and table tipping sessions.
Parking on site via strict gated access between 7.30pm – 7.55pm.
The HH team will meet and greet roadside and direct guests to the access gate on site.