Donington Le Heath Manor House, one of the oldest houses in England! It is believed that Robert De Herle bought the land and had the house built between 1258 & 1295. For nearly 700 years the house remained a family dwelling. In the early part of the 16th Century, the house was modernised. Around this period the house may have been owned by the Digby family. Sir Everard Digby achieved notoriety as one of the conspirators in the Gunpowder Plot; he was a close friend of Guy Fawkes. In 1963 the house was purchased by Leicestershire County Council and the building was restored and opened to the public in 1973 as a museum.
There are ghosts at Donington Le Heath Manor House. A housemaid has been seen flitting about and also a man of 17th Century appearance with a tall brimmed hat, thought to be the shade of Sir Everard Digby. During one of our events we captured our famous EVP (electronic voice phenomenon), moments after leaving King Dick’s bedroom, home of the bed that Richard III, the last Plantagenet King of England slept in on his way to the Battle of Bosworth in 1485. Our EVP hit headline news across the world! You can hear this recording on our YouTube channel here:
Donington Le Heath manor House is steeped in history. It is charming and quaint whilst being remarkably eerie. The house, barn and gardens offer a range of exciting and different paranormal experiences. Group members will have the opportunity to use a comprehensive range of paranormal investigative equipment such as dousing rods, EMF meters, ‘Ghost Boxes’ (record voice phenomena) as well as participate in séances, glass divination and table tipping sessions. All of our paranormal events to date at Donington Le Heath have been hugely successful with activity getting stronger every time we visit!
Situated near the ancient rocky mass known as Forest Rock in North West Leicestershire is an old building now called The Old House Conference Centre.
Originally set back from the road in a wooded area this venue was not for prying eyes for a reason.
Built in the mid 19th Century and its design possibly attributed to the famous designer Pugin, its Gothic features and presence dose give this venue a spooky look. However if the outside gives you shivers the inside most definatley will. We know that this venue was most probably built on a chapel that predated the current building so you are in two haunted houses, which may well explain the increased areas of activity.
Key areas for our investigation will be the Chapel as this most likely will hold the most residual energy being the oldest as well as the hallway, stairs and the cellars and also anticipate activity in the grounds which would have been a graveyard at some point.
This venue is reputed for reported footsteps, apparitions, disembodied voices and screams as well as bouts of extreme poltergeist activity.
The Village is located in the old part of Mansfield town centre in Nottinghamshire. The venue is reputed to be have been used for many activates throughout the years from a barn with connecting tunnel to a nearby church through to an abattoir, malt house and prison.
The existing building dates back to the beginning of the 19th century, is grade II listed. In the 1980s it was converted into a nightclub and given its present name. In 2001 the nightclub closed and was left derelict. Since 2013 the venue has been used for ghost hunts and with good reason, numerous full apparitions, voices and crying, a piano that plays when no one is there. Investigators being pushed and felling of being watched and followed. This venue is a hot spot for paranormal investigators.
Group members will have the opportunity to use a comprehensive range of paranormal investigative equipment such as dousing rods, EMF meters, ‘Ghost Boxes’ (record voice phenomena) as well as participate in séances, glass divination and table tipping sessions.